The Friends of Thurne Mill aims are to encourage the interests of people in restoring this, one of the most iconic windmills on the Broads – keeping it in good working condition and sustainable for future generations.
- To build an archive of documents (or copies of original documents), illustrations, maps , artefacts and oral histories relating to the history of the mill and the surrounding areas.
- To assist in opening the mill to the public.
- To support the 200 year old drainage pump known as Thurne Mill. Repainting today costs £10,000
£10 a year will support the work in preserving the heritage of the Mill in a working condition for the future and give you:
- Four Newsletters a year.
- Email/post notification of meetings and events for members during the year.
- 35% off Entry to the Wind Energy Museum – please provide your membership number.
- 10% off food & drink at our special events at the mill and museum – please present your membership number.
- Free Glass of Wine at the Summer Solstice – (If it is happening)
- Volunteering and manning the mill.
- Full training to volunteer at Thurne Mill or the Wind Energy Museum
Exclusive Member only events:
- Members annual meeting every October venue to be confirmed.
- Summertime BBQ at the Wind Energy Museum.
- Cheese and Wine evening at Thurne Mill.
To join, please complete the form below and we’ll be in touch about how to make your payment:
Or go directly to Thurne Mill’s website to and pay online:
Your details will be held on a database and not passed to any third party. It will only be used to circulate the details of Friends events and Thurne Mill and Wind Energy Museum activities.